Cannot delete a contact in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-09-11T06:25:43+00:00

I have a standard bversion of outlook, which I use for hotmail, and am in Windows 10.

There is one email address that I want to remove or at least edit, but although it states it is a contact, it isn't in my contact list and I cannot edit or delete it. I only find it in people when I do a search.

I found the Contact in Google Contacts and permanently deleted it but it keeps popping back up. Any suggestions?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T13:31:39+00:00

    The world will be better if software companies are held to a higher standard. These clowns have no clue how their whole existence is built around creating frustrating experiences. No body cares. Shame on them.
    Now to the point of eliminating suggested contacts.

    To edit suggested contacts in Outlook, you can remove or hide a contact from the list:

    1. Start typing the contact's name in the To: address line
    2. Select the contact from the list of suggested contacts
    3. Click the X icon to the right of the contact's name The contact will be removed from the list and hidden for future use. To unhide a contact, you can send an email to the contact within about 24 hours. You can also manage suggested recipients in Outlook by going to the Privacy page for your Microsoft account. Once there, you can:1. Scroll down to Privacy settings in our products
    4. Select Expanded people suggestions
    5. Set the toggle to Off I was able to follow the steps above and get rid of the personal email of my colleague from popping up in the company outlook, but now her official email is missing as well.

    These large corporations do not have my well wishes, I hope one day all of these software engineers will get a taste of their own work ethic.......
    It is so pathetic

    Hi there

    I have the same problem deleting a contact on Outlook. Thank you so much for helping out with this, however I can't locate xontacts on Outlook and googling Xontact does not throw anything up? Please can you advise me a bit more? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T17:28:14+00:00

    Thank you IOWA! I spent some time there a few years ago and good things come from there!

    This is perfect.

    [A Note to others who may have seached for "Xontact" That is my own name applied to Suggested Contacts, which thanks to XAY_Iowa, I don't have anymore! ]

    Five Gold Stars!! *****

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T08:29:58+00:00

    Thank you I think I've got it now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:19:12+00:00

    I have tried this several times. I have hundreds of BAD contacts on my Outlook people list. Tried to delete them several times. Restarted and tried again- no luck.

    There is a notation that comes on that says "something went wrong". "We are having trouble deleting one or more contacts." Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T22:34:31+00:00

    I have tried this several times. I have hundreds of BAD contacts on my Outlook people list. Tried to delete them several times. Restarted and tried again- no luck.

    There is a notation that comes on that says "something went wrong". "We are having trouble deleting one or more contacts." Please help

    New to Outlook, I put in some contacts manually, got one email wrong, tried to delete it, got the “something went wrong, we are having trouble deleting one or more contacts” Try As I might, I cannot delete the incorrect contact! It’s stupid, seriously considering going back to Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments