Cannot delete a contact in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-09-11T06:25:43+00:00

I have a standard bversion of outlook, which I use for hotmail, and am in Windows 10.

There is one email address that I want to remove or at least edit, but although it states it is a contact, it isn't in my contact list and I cannot edit or delete it. I only find it in people when I do a search.

I found the Contact in Google Contacts and permanently deleted it but it keeps popping back up. Any suggestions?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T23:20:58+00:00

    You are fight re Microsoft not caring about problems. Never had any trouble with the classic version of Outlook. think I will switch back if I can fkigure out how to do so. Having probolems with Excel also: the damn cursor has changed to a cross and ALL THE "FIXES" do not work. to go back to my arrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T16:12:53+00:00

    Hi Folks,

    I have come to the concusion that Microsoft doesn't care about these annoying issues.

    On the bright side, conact maintenance performed within the browser version often achieves success without having to go through contortions.

    In the browser, to remove a "suggested" contact, if you add that contact, you are then able to delete it.

    Since I have switched to the browser for contact maintenance, I have virtually removed my dependency on asprin and tums to use Outlook for email.

    Oh, and this is especially true of other email providers that you have ported into Outlook. Fix the address book there and it "usually" syncs correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T18:48:32+00:00

    It is almost amazing!

    I can't give details as everything seems to be under control for me at the moment.

    However, in my cleanup efforts, I found some issues were only able to be resolved using the browser. However, it is first important to ensure to close the Outlook application. Then, after getting a contact (or multiple ones) clean in the browser, I have closed the Tab, opened the Outlook app and the extraneous "contacts" were gone.

    DaBear (Life was so much simpler with DOS)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T18:14:05+00:00

    Yep, tried this. When I type in the name, nothing show so no X. But the name is still in my contacts. Also, when I Edit the name, there is nothing there. So looks like just the name is in contacts but no other information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T17:52:54+00:00

    Hi, have you tried my suggestion (see page 2 of this topic) or Robert Laverdure's one (first post of this page)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments