Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T03:06:18+00:00

    I believe you are correct, as I have said in a prior post, we are being forced away from a proven product to one that is unproven and broken. I refuse to give in, I would rather move to another product than give in to corporate strong-arm tactics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T16:53:03+00:00

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T11:32:43+00:00

    On the 4th July 2024 I received an email from Microsoft, you might have received the same warning about a 16th September deadline. That email message included the following statement:

    'If you are receiving this email, you are currently using an email or calendar app that uses a less secure authentication method to connect to your Outlook.com email account. You will need to upgrade your third-party mail and calendar app to a version which supports modern authentication methods. '

    The message didn't make a lot of sense, but there was a link to web-page that explains in more details:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/modern-authentication-methods-now-needed-to-continue-syncing-outlook-email-in-non-microsoft-email-apps-c5d65390-9676-4763-b41f-d7986499a90d

    This article explains that asking repeatedly for a password is a known issue, and that after September 16th 2024 it will not be possible to access the Outlook.com account by re-entering a password.

    The article explains:

    The following versions of Outlook Desktop do not support Modern Authentication for Outlook.com: Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 MSI, Outlook 2019 LTSC. Any release of Outlook Desktop with a version less than 11601.10000 does not support Modern Authentication for Outlook.com.

    I think this means that after September 16th 2024, Outlook 2013 will not be able retrieve or send email for any Outlook.com accounts.

    My understanding is that for my Outlook.com account, I need to find another way to manage my email, contacts, calendar, and stop using Outlook 2013 with this account, and do this before September 16th 2024!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T04:17:52+00:00

    Anyone know if we're definitely going to lose the ability to access our Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts using Outlook 2013 from Monday, and whether the free Outlook for Windows is the best alternative to transition to now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T20:09:18+00:00

    I transitioned to Thunderbird. Very similar to Outlook 2013 in my opinion. Easy to use. I disliked the "New" outlook because of the contacts issue and general useability. I am managing 4 different accounts in Thunderbird with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments