Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Did not work for me... =(
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.
I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did not work for me... =(
Unfortunately, it did not work for me either. Although it seemed like it was working when I applied it, the next day it asked for my password again. It seems we are going to have to use Outlook 2013 like a trial program from now on - cancel password prompt every time we launch. Funny thing is I hit CANCEL and still Calendar and Hotmail messages arrive from outlook.com to Outlook 2013 with my previous settings, during the day.
I have noticed, that indeed, sometimes it doesn't matter, if you close the popup from the "X" and despite Outlook showing that it needs password - the e-mails still arrive and it still keeps functioning, BUT not indefnitely. At some point it stops updating and you could also see that the mailbox isn't updated under the status bar next to the "Need Password" notification.
Take a look at this thread: Why is there no decent answer to resolve the issue of Outlook 2013 - Microsoft Community
It seems this problem is not going away.
Hello,
This is becomming utter BS... The current status with Outlook 2013 and *@hotmail.com e-mail address is that I can not use it at all unless I delete the account and create it again in Outlook 2013. And as soon as I close it, I have to do it again. Using the application password does not help any more - not even for a brief moment. It is unreal that I can use Outlook 2013 with other e-mail accounts, but not with hotmail account.
Seems like a subtle way of Microsoft to hardpush customers away from their servers to free up e-mail space or to get them to pay for another software that isn't equal nor better than the previous software. I am dissapointed in this behaviour.