Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T23:36:06+00:00

    Thanks, Gabriel, that explains it all. I was aware of the Outlook for Windows app but hadn't considered it for my three outlook.com and live.com accounts since it's infested with ads. I decided to install Microsoft 365 instead, since my household has a family subscription. That should fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T22:56:38+00:00

    Thanks, Gabriel, that explains it all. I was aware of the Outlook for Windows app but hadn't considered it for my three outlook.com and live.com accounts since it's infested with ads. I decided to install Microsoft 365 instead, since my household has a family subscription. That should fix it.

    I installed the free Outlook for Windows app.

    I don't want to use it as a mail reader , but I found that by running it in the background the Outlook2013 outlook.com authentication issues go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T17:10:41+00:00

    The constant prompt for p/w started happening after "New Outlook" was forced on me and I suspect it is a way to force everyone to abandon outlook 2013 and move to the new outlook. I personally find the new outlook lacking, or not intuitive. I have tried pretty much all the solutions presented here to no avail, and am considering moving to a new app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T10:11:11+00:00

    I had this problem this year and canceled password prompt everyday till now.

    Check out this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/outlk_win-outtop_classic-outsub_ofh/outlook-2013-will-not-retain-password-for-my/61d16c93-64b3-469f-8863-5c2d41e8885b?messageId=0c2fc1fc-739a-4676-88fb-d6b154d57aa1

    I added this to registry:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\AlwaysUseMSOAuthForAutoDiscover (DWORD) and set it to 1.

    I think it worked. I will see in the coming days...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T19:05:46+00:00

    In other words, instead of fixing an issue that would allow me to use a program I paid for, the solution is to force a move by irritating me with constant prompts for a password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments