Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T04:06:16+00:00

    Thanks, adding the registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\EnableADAL as you described solved the problem for me. Outlook 2013 running in Win 10 Pro now auto logs on to Microsoft Exchange without repeatedly asking for a password. Don't know why Microsoft didn't notify Outlook 2013 users of this in advance or automatically make the registry fix via an automated software update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T11:35:41+00:00

    Hi, How do you add this registry key? When looking at the registry I only find disable.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T04:44:57+00:00

    Search doesn't find that string on windows 11 ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T05:44:15+00:00

    To create the registry subkey, open the regedit.exe app as administrator and navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity". In the regedit menu bar select "Edit" and then "New" from the drop-down list. Select "DWORD" from the list displayed when you click on "New". Assign the new "DWORD" the name "EnableADAL" and give it a value of 1.

    I was premature in concluding that the addition of this subkey would solve the problem. Immediately after I added the subkey, Outlook seemed to work fine, but the next day the problem reoccurred. At this point I am not sure how to resolve the problem of Outlook 2013 not connecting to the server and repeatedly asking for a password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T17:28:05+00:00

    Thanks, I have now decided to give up with Outlook2013. I have taken up Microsoft 365, to get a desktop Outlook. Some negatives doing this is on installing the new Office suite, it has removed Office 2013. Also the storage available is pushing for you to sync your Documents and Picture folders. I am not keen on this since Microsoft could delete all your hard disc files, if for some reason you stop syncing and opt for on-line storage only. Good look on finding a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments