Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
My gmail account comes in perfectly. No problems at all with it. I only have problems with my outlook.com email since October 4. Thank you though for reconfirming that gmail is no problem.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.
I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My gmail account comes in perfectly. No problems at all with it. I only have problems with my outlook.com email since October 4. Thank you though for reconfirming that gmail is no problem.
From not the community crew:
1.https://github.com/mguessan/davmailThe Davmail might be worth a try.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/endofsupport/microsoft-365-services-connectivity
| Office version | Supported for connecting until this date | | :--- | :--- | | Microsoft 365 Apps | Supported as long as you’re using a supported version. | | Office LTSC 2021 | October 13, 2026 | Note
Support for connection to Microsoft 365 services with Office 2019 and Office 2016 ended on October 10, 2023.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office-2013
| 2023 | September 12 | 15.0.5589.1001 | KB 5002092 |
|---|
4.There seem registry modification requirement for 2013 to meet the Modern Authentication requirement.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/troubleshoot/administration/modern-authentication-configuration
Outlook 2013
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\EnableADAL HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\Version For more information, see Enable Modern Authentication for Office 2013 on Windows devices.I eventually found the answer was to use an app password.
I am connecting to Gmail and the instructions to follow are here ...
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?sjid=6717110859781846582-EU#zippy
I guess there are similar instructions for other connections.
It is very straightforward, when you know how!
Hi Dena,
Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,
To fix this issue, you can try the following methods:
I hope this helps!
Regards, Sola