Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T05:44:15+00:00

    To create the registry subkey, open the regedit.exe app as administrator and navigate to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity". In the regedit menu bar select "Edit" and then "New" from the drop-down list. Select "DWORD" from the list displayed when you click on "New". Assign the new "DWORD" the name "EnableADAL" and give it a value of 1.

    I was premature in concluding that the addition of this subkey would solve the problem. Immediately after I added the subkey, Outlook seemed to work fine, but the next day the problem reoccurred. At this point I am not sure how to resolve the problem of Outlook 2013 not connecting to the server and repeatedly asking for a password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T04:44:57+00:00

    Search doesn't find that string on windows 11 ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T11:35:41+00:00

    Hi, How do you add this registry key? When looking at the registry I only find disable.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T04:06:16+00:00

    Thanks, adding the registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\EnableADAL as you described solved the problem for me. Outlook 2013 running in Win 10 Pro now auto logs on to Microsoft Exchange without repeatedly asking for a password. Don't know why Microsoft didn't notify Outlook 2013 users of this in advance or automatically make the registry fix via an automated software update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:44:29+00:00

    Hello

    I'm not sure I understand your comment. I was saying that I had changed my Gmail password and Outlook would no longer connect to Gmail, constantly asking for a password. There are lots of conflicting comments about this on here. However, it appears that the problem is with 2-factor authorisation, which of course you can't use with just a simple password. So, you need an "app password", and the link I gave shows how to do that for Gmail. My Outlook now coonects to Gmail perfectly. I will need to do this again every time I change the Gmail password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments