Why are my contacts not coming up on the People panel in Outlook - completely blank.

Anonymous
2024-01-26T21:55:03+00:00

When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-03-22T04:32:16+00:00

    Ignore the nonsense.

    If the people module in classic Outlook is not loading, restart Outlook - if it is still a problem, start with repairing office.

    Also - after you close outlook to restart it, look in the notification tray area on the right end of the task bar - is Outlook still showing, possibly in a gray color? Check in task manager and if it is there, select it and End task. Then restart outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T17:44:47+00:00

    Hi, I'm having the same issue, but all seems ok on the file, but when I go to change view, it says My Contacts, then this computer only. Since I have Microsoft 365 shouldn't I get from all computers?

    Hannah

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T22:36:35+00:00

    precisely this! this is NOT AN OPTION in the New Outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-09T02:45:23+00:00

    Correct - it was posted in the Classic Outlook forum, not the new Outlook forum, so that answers would apply to classic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T19:48:55+00:00

    These appear to be directions for the Classic version of Outlook. There is no **File > in the New Windows Outlook App .

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments