Why are my contacts not coming up on the People panel in Outlook - completely blank.

Anonymous
2024-01-26T21:55:03+00:00

When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-16T04:03:13+00:00

    How many contacts? Were you trying to delete all or just one or two? You are limited to deleting up to 50 contacts at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T19:46:22+00:00

    >>

    This advice is for the classic version of Outlook 365.

    >>

    This is the forum for classic Outlook, so that is expected.

    If you aren't seeing them in new outlook, try resetting the app in Windows settings > apps > installed apps - find Outlook (new) and click on advanced options to reset it.

    Or wait - there seems to be a sync issue (I deleted contacts in Outlook on the web and the deletions haven't synced to new Outlook yet.)

    This is the most helpful solution I have some across. My contacts (people) reappeared when I went to Windows settings > apps > installed apps > Outlook (new) > Advanced and then clicked on repair. While they reappeared, I was not able to delete any but I could edit them. Progress, but not perfection.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-15T04:13:20+00:00

    >>

    This advice is for the classic version of Outlook 365.

    >>

    This is the forum for classic Outlook, so that is expected.

    If you aren't seeing them in new outlook, try resetting the app in Windows settings > apps > installed apps - find Outlook (new) and click on advanced options to reset it.

    Or wait - there seems to be a sync issue (I deleted contacts in Outlook on the web and the deletions haven't synced to new Outlook yet.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T03:01:33+00:00

    This advice is for the classic version of Outlook 365. I have the New version and there is no File option. I also have the classic version loaded and here the contacts are visible but as from May 2024 it has stopped recording sent emails in the Sent folder. So I sort of hop between the two versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T18:16:27+00:00

    Opened New Outlook this morning and all my contacts in the People tab are not visible. I know they are there as I can export them but I just cant see them on my PC. I also can see them on Outlook on my phone so they must be there. Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP. Also Microsoft doesnt seem to differentiate between Classic Outlook and New Outlook. Instructions for Classic do not apply to New and vice versa.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments