Why are my contacts not coming up on the People panel in Outlook - completely blank.

Anonymous
2024-01-26T21:55:03+00:00

When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T22:47:36+00:00

    I was having the same problem with contact details not showing in the right pane in the web version of Contacts/People, so I thought I would give the Windows Mail app a try to access my contacts

    When I opened the Mail app in Windows, I got a message that the app needed to update itself, and after a short period, New Outlook opened, showing the same account that was in the Mail app previously, and clicking the People icon in the left column displayed my contact data in the same format I'm used to seeing in the web version of People

    Appears Microsoft is trying to force users into New Outlook by any means possible

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T07:42:35+00:00

    Yes, it happens here in Singapore too. Our user suddenly was able to search for contacts from the search bar again.

    We need to continue to make full use of this blog to alert any issues that we may have faced from different region and time zones. it really helps to make things work out easier.

    Thank you everyone for your kind input.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T00:22:56+00:00

    Someone must have been taking notice of our concerns as this morning 19th November (in NZ as we are a day ahead of the US) I found I could see all my contacts in New Outlook. Last night there was an update when I was shutting down for the night so that must have been it. Now everything works as it should

    So it just shows it is worth while putting your concerns in these blogs and clearly stating what the problem is and allowing Microsoft to access the error codes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T13:27:44+00:00

    If you have a domain attached to Go Daddy, and are using the web based login (not the app) then its a Go Daddy issue. I finally called them and got to tech support. They confirmed they're aware of the problem. I hope that helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T13:24:21+00:00

    If you have a domain that's linked to Go Daddy then that's the problem. I tried everything and finally called them. They're aware of the contacts problem with the web based login. I hope that helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments