Why are my contacts not coming up on the People panel in Outlook - completely blank.

Anonymous
2024-01-26T21:55:03+00:00

When I click on my People / Contacts in Office, the left panel is completely blank (where my contacts should be). My emails are in the right panel from having clicked to People from Email. I am not able to see, add, or access my contacts at all in Outlook now. I have in the past and I know I have contacts stored in Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T08:01:12+00:00

    Thanks I will tuck this away in case I need it. My copy suddenly came right in late November after an overnight update so I assumed Microsoft was actually listening to what we were saying. Maybe not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T11:27:00+00:00

    I found a way to show all contacts again in the new Outlook app on my PC. I still saw them on my outlook app on the phone, in the web-app and in the old Outlook. Here you go:

    Click on Windows settings ==>Apps==>installed Apps==>new Outlook==>click the 3 dots on the right side==>"extended" options==>repair if this doesn't help try reset ==> download newOutlook again and it works!

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T17:26:25+00:00

    SOOO WEIRD...came back to my desk after the weekend off and NOW it's working again...obviously a glitch within outlook live...and really annoying that microsoft was pointing fingers at godaddy and everybody other than themselves .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T03:01:50+00:00

    How do I unsubscribe from this question? My problem is resolved, and don't need to see any more posts on this topic.

    At the bottom of my email bearing the most recent post, is the statement: "Unsubscribe: On the question select the Subscribe option and then select Unsubscribe." That doesn't work. Clicking on Subscribe only shows "Subscribe" and "Subscribe to RSS Feed" -- not "Unsubscribe."

    But after looking below just now, I think I found the answer . . . leave unchecked the box that states "Notify me when someone responds to this post."

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T21:45:19+00:00

    Just happened yesterday....I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE...cannot add new contacts and cannot access the names that I see listed...spins and spins like it's thinking...what is the fix...just off the phone from 3 hours of 4 different techs!!! Strangely my iphone is able to see the full information...but then it glitches and won't reload so I keep trying til it does...I'm on Windows 10 on a Dell..

    Were you able to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments