Send Availability feature removed from Outlook for iOS?

Anonymous
2024-05-02T07:44:59+00:00

I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T22:42:24+00:00

    I too add my frustration to this regression by Microsoft! Removing the availability feature from IOS makes no sense! Faithful users like us were fully expecting it to become a feature of the Windows version soon, instead it seems Microsoft will take another step back. It sucks that we have to go out and pay for good tools like Calendly just to do what Microsoft could add in seemingly easy!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T20:44:52+00:00

    Agreed. One of the best features of Outlook mobile is gone. Why of all features would you delete this? If anything it should be expanded to desktop for MAC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T20:05:14+00:00

    Why change something that worked really well, doesn’t make sense!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T23:30:46+00:00

    Like the other people here I have been searching for why this feature has changed while the icon did not change. This was one of the most useful features that Microsoft has released in quite some time. I, along with many other people I know, we’re waiting for this feature to appear in other places in the Microsoft ecosystem. I have wasted a great deal of time, searching for information about this feature, not working any longer. Why was this removed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T20:30:20+00:00

    Please add me to growing list of angered customers who used Send Availability far more than any other feature on Outlook Mobile for IOS. Like many others, I would switch from desktop Outlook to Outlook Mobile just to use that feature on a given email response - it was a critical productivity saver to quickly offer up options to the frequent request of "when can you meet next week?"

    The Outlook Mobile product manager (Mitali J.) needs to put it back to the top of the list for the next mobile update - please

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments