Send Availability feature removed from Outlook for iOS?

Anonymous
2024-05-02T07:44:59+00:00

I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T21:37:16+00:00

    I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

    Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

    What a huge loss. I used this everyday, shifting from my desktop to my iPhone so I would quickly send open slots in an email. Such a time saver.

    Doing it other ways causes too much friction. #bringitbacknow

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T18:27:54+00:00

    MS, way to cement your position as the least user-friendly software developer. You had a useful feature and disabled it. Stupid.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T21:00:57+00:00

    I don't think so, but for that you can schedule a poll. It will give you options to select slots from your calendar and the others must vote on it.

    Obvs a workaround and not a fix.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T18:56:30+00:00

    Completely agree. This was a very useful feature. I don’t understand why it was removed.

    I fail to see how the suggested workaround is a viable alternative.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T09:54:16+00:00

    Dear James DaviesUK,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the "Send Availability" feature in Outlook for iOS. Microsoft has recently made some changes to the app, and it's possible that this feature has been removed or moved to a different location.

    To confirm, the "Send Availability" feature has been removed from Outlook for iOS. However, you can still share your availability with others by creating a new event in your calendar and inviting the person you want to share your availability with.

    To do this, open the Outlook app and tap on the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap on the plus sign in the top right corner to create a new event. Add the details of the event, including the date and time, and then tap on the "Invite Attendees" option. From there, you can add the person you want to share your availability with and send the invitation.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments