Send Availability feature removed from Outlook for iOS?

Anonymous
2024-05-02T07:44:59+00:00

I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T18:13:24+00:00

    The support offered by MSFT is pathetic to say the least.. some brainiac changed the icon in the app and they never updated their official guide. Use the little guy/person icon instead and that will bring up the availability menu. As always MSFT 🤮

    @De Paul N. Kwizera MSFT

    Moderator how exactly you confirmed that "To confirm, the "Send Availability" feature has been removed from Outlook for iOS." EXPLAIN PLEASE EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T11:01:13+00:00

    Wow. What a colossal fail. Which intern suggested that you REMOVE a feature that actually optimizes how we use outlook? Considering I spend 80% of my workday in meetings, and I don’t have a secretary (because this is life, not Mad Men), having a simple way to quickly book meetings across 10 timezones without messy calculations on an endless thread of emails is [was] a game changer. This feature actually made me use 365 MORE, not less. On my desktop, I use a clunky combination of apps like Calendly and Boomerang to send availability; but the iOS option was 10x better - simple, streamlined, and effective.

    This was a bad decision.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-09T05:00:30+00:00

    This "workaround" only allows me to choose 1 time to create an event for, not select multiple times and then show my availability so that the recipient can choose what works for them. I would also really like this feature back and it should be integrated to the Bookings/Scheduling Polls UI so we don't have to go to other sites like Calendly to get this type of functionality

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T22:42:24+00:00

    I too add my frustration to this regression by Microsoft! Removing the availability feature from IOS makes no sense! Faithful users like us were fully expecting it to become a feature of the Windows version soon, instead it seems Microsoft will take another step back. It sucks that we have to go out and pay for good tools like Calendly just to do what Microsoft could add in seemingly easy!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T11:13:00+00:00

    This feature was a game changer. Bookings doesn’t come close. Please bring it back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments