Send Availability feature removed from Outlook for iOS?

Anonymous
2024-05-02T07:44:59+00:00

I have been making regular use of the "Send Availability" feature in the Outlook app for iOS. Recently though, I can't seem to access this. Previously, there was a 'Calendar' button above the keyboard when replying to emails, which allowed easy selection of free timeslots in my Calendar. When I tap the Calendar button now, it just tries to create an event.

Hoping that I am missing something, rather than the feature having been removed?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T15:14:48+00:00

    The proposed solution does not work when collaborating with people outside of an organization. External orgs do not typically share availability that the identified solution requires.

    Microsoft broke a key collaboration tool for people who work with people outside of their org, or even within in some cases.

    For example

    • People within my organization ask me to provide available days and times to meet with a key external customer. I used Send Availability to choose the best possible options.
    • A request is received directly from an external customer, client, or sales rep that asks for available times.

    The "Book time" feature is not useful under those, or many other scenarios.

    The removal of "Send availability" degrades a useful collaboration tool, and there is no workaround other than returning to time-consuming and less effective means. You don't need CoPilot AI to see that one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T14:20:02+00:00

    This is a major degradation of the mobile Outlook functionality and is an impediment to working effectively in a collaborative environment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T12:30:29+00:00

    Wow. What a complete fail of a decision here. I consistently used that feature. Sharing a calendar is time consuming and doesn’t let me expose blocked time that I’d consider freeing up for a particular customer.

    How do I downgrade outlook so I can get this back?

    This is disappointing. I sure hope it is added back, not only to the iOS, but to the web app and desktop apps as well. In today's world, we are often providing multiple times on our calendars to others to coordinate a meeting. Without this feature, it is a more time-consuming effort.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T20:30:20+00:00

    Please add me to growing list of angered customers who used Send Availability far more than any other feature on Outlook Mobile for IOS. Like many others, I would switch from desktop Outlook to Outlook Mobile just to use that feature on a given email response - it was a critical productivity saver to quickly offer up options to the frequent request of "when can you meet next week?"

    The Outlook Mobile product manager (Mitali J.) needs to put it back to the top of the list for the next mobile update - please

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T19:56:21+00:00

    What absolute idiot decided to remove the Send Availability feature??? If anything, you should have ADDED it to Outlook. Unbelievable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments