Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T16:57:47+00:00

    Yes, this is the solution. Step one is to click the 3 dots on the bottom left and click folders to see the Calendar folder. Then proceed as stated.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T13:49:11+00:00

    This issue is very frustrating, it really needs to be fixed. I get so stressed when sending invites to senior execs and out of nowhere there are 50 conflicting versions of the same calendar invite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T20:21:16+00:00

    Here is the Known Issue article, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support. The service teams are working on a fix and hopefully be going out soon. In the meantime, I would make any important meeting updates from OWA or New Outlook or Teams.

    If you see items on your calendar that have the diamond you can use the steps in the Known Issue to Clear Offline Items for your calendar to clean it up. That step removes the local item that is in conflict and will pull down a good copy when it syncs next. The conflict is only on your computer and not recipients or the cloud version of it.

    If you got the Conflict Message dialog and clicked Keep All it would have created duplicates. I am adding some steps to the Known Issue article for Monday to use the Calcheck tool to remove the duplicates. Otherwise you could cancel all instances and send a new meeting invite. I saw some users got hundreds of copies and the Calcheck solution should help with that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T19:37:54+00:00

    i have this same issue that started july 2. please advise resolution

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T13:02:13+00:00

    Until the fix gets deployed in the service it would be best to create or update meetings in OWA or New Outlook. This issue is something that can unexpectedly happen and not something you can anticipate.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments