Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T17:36:11+00:00

    I have just run into this same issue, but with a singular meeting.

    I scheduled a meeting with some members outside my organization, and ran into the conflict manager issue. I also clicked the wrong option, and now have many multiple instances of this meeting in my calendar. If I try to delete the meetings from my calendar it requires me to send a cancellation message to the other meeting attendees in order for it to be deleted. (I will not be doing this) I am the only one with multiple instances on my calendar, as my coworker who is attending the meeting only has the original instance in her calendar.

    I do have this calendar synced to the outlook app on my phone.

    Please let me know if any progress has been made towards a solution. I would like to delete all but one of these meetings from my calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T15:08:23+00:00

    Same issue here... seems to be a global problem isn't it ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T00:54:25+00:00

    Same issue, Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20332) 64-bit

    Workaround here doesn't work https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-shows-conflict-errors-when-updating-or-cancelling-meetings-69c26227-40ef-4377-8f12-1749fcaad2ad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T09:14:00+00:00

    Dear Anna Pavnica

    Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, I know the sceanrio you met. For this, please be kindly to try the following suggestions and check if these can make any difference.

    Open the area in Outlook that had the error message and perform the following steps. If you do not know which area this is, please repeat the steps for each area of Outlook (Contacts, Calendar and Tasks):

    1. Change the Current View to View by Category; you will see a list of categories
    2. Click on the plus sign to the left of the category name to view the items in the category
    3. You will see an icon to the left of each item; look down the list of items for a "crossed-swords" icon or other warning icons
    4. Double-click each item that has one of these items to resolve the problem

    If this doesn't work ,please try the following suggestions.

    Hope the suggestions above can help you. If this persists, please be kindly to provide me the screenshot about your Outlook client. I will continue to test for you and help you based on the information you provide. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments