Outlook MacOS - Downloading Attachments from the Server (Nonfunctional)

Anonymous
2024-05-11T10:01:53+00:00

Good day,

I'm reaching out for help with an ongoing issue I'm experiencing with my email accounts on Outlook. Two days ago, all of my accounts suddenly stopped being able to send or receive emails. This issue appeared out of nowhere and has since become a constant problem.

I've tried removing and re-adding the accounts, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Now, my emails won't fully load, and I consistently see a "Downloading Attachments from Server..." message in the reading pane that never progresses. Additionally, the email previews are not showing up.
I have also deleted Outlook entirely and re-installed it but that also did not work.

Interestingly, these email accounts work perfectly on other mail clients like Mail on Mac and RoundCube. In Outlook, however, emails are not sent or received, and test emails remain stuck in the Outbox.

Please note, these are IMAP email accounts.

I have already reached out to the domain hosting providers, but they were unable to assist. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve it, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I tried to attach a screenshot, but it seems as if everything is broken because the file fails to upload.

Kind regards,

D

System Information:

Macbook Air M1

MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Office 365
Outlook Downloaded from App Store

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T14:35:17+00:00

    Dear Diane,

    I have the same issue. In addition, while the mail says "downloading attachment from server" I cannot answer to these e-mails.

    Roundcube works fine, also Apple Mail. Unistalling everything didn't work, switching to "use username and password" neither. I use MacBook Air 2022 with Sequoia 15.1

    A quick solve would be highly appreciated, all workmails are done from outlook.

    Kind regards,

    Ina

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T22:01:09+00:00

    Microsoft have issued an update (16.92) but it won't install..............

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T15:04:06+00:00

    Same issue and have done everything noted. This all started with Apple update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T14:10:20+00:00

    Jamie where is this Authentication path in Outlook? I having the same issue is it in Tools>Accounts or Profiles?

    I want to try this fix...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T09:46:50+00:00

    EDIT: I'm still experiencing this problem.

    I went back into the account settings and it had changed the authentication back to server from email/password. So for me the fix lasted about half an hour.

    I've been having this same issue and following the advice here about changing the authentication settings seems (for now) to have fixed the problem.

    I only did it a few minutes ago though'll have to wait to see if it's a permanent fix.

    J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments