How do I insert folder link in new outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-03T22:26:20+00:00

How do I insert folder link in new outlook? When I go to Insert- hyperlink button there is only web url option.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T18:00:31+00:00

    I was able to find a work around using some HTML code. If you insert a hyperlink in the New Outlook, for web address type "File:///" + you file path the link will work for people you send it too as long as their drives are named the same as yours.

    Eg. File:///M:/SomeFolder

    Hi Mason,

    Thanks for this oldie-but-goodie reminder. Note for those using this technique:

    • Right-click and Open Link. (The standard CTRL+ didn't work for me.)
    • Bypass the Microsoft error message that a link to your own Microsoft Enterprise network is unsafe. (!) Click Yes to open link.
    • The link is use-able either way the path is typed: File:///Y:/Folder OR File:///Y:\Folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T13:03:36+00:00

    Hello,

    It's not easy to resolve this incident at a small company like Microsoft. This incident affects 80% of their users, but there's been no news for 10 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T16:56:25+00:00

    I was able to find a work around using some HTML code. If you insert a hyperlink in the New Outlook, for web address type "File:///" + you file path the link will work for people you send it too as long as their drives are named the same as yours.

    Eg. File:///M:/SomeFolder

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T16:24:07+00:00

    when is this going to be sorted? its such a useful feature I use so frequently, so annoying to have lost it

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T15:30:57+00:00

    I need this functionality. I routinely need to link to folders and files on network locations and now I have to run 2 versions of Outlook side by side to be able to use the links.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments