email attachment disappearing after I reply to an email

Anonymous
2023-10-31T13:27:45+00:00

Hi I am using Office 365 Outlook.

After replying to an email containing an attachment, I can no longer view the attachment. I have tried setting the inbox to show individual messages, not as a conversation (by going to Inbox, filter, show as, messages), but it still seems to be keeping the messages in a conversation (for example, the email with the attachment that has gone missing shows up in the email chain, but when I scroll down to the date it was received, it is missing.

Can you please tell me the best way to resolve this?

I am using Microsoft office 365 MSO version 2302 build 16.0.16130.20806 64 bit

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-12T22:41:36+00:00

    I have this same problem. I am being included with a number of people in an email with an attachment. One person responds all then the attachment is gone. The suggestions don't work. Please fix the program so that the attachment doesn't disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T10:19:07+00:00

    Hi,

    How do you get back on the ‘old outlook’? That would be awesome!

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T21:16:25+00:00

    agree. so frustrated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T11:57:30+00:00

    thank you so much Eleni

    I don't know why other posters say it didn't work...it does work for me!

    What happens is that now the entire original message is an Outlook Item. Inside that item is BOTH the original messages and all/any replies up to that point AND all attachments in the email.

    • It is not perfect...ideally, we would be able to
        1. respond to emails normally, so people don't have to open up an item just to read the messages...
        1. automatically send any attachments that were sent to us in any reply/reply all/forward
    • sadly Outlook doesn't have this feature perfected
    • but the solution posted does work. I just put attach original message for everything, when replying and forwarding

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T13:46:31+00:00

    Thanks this worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments