Outlook emails get moved to drafts folder as I'm composing the email

Anonymous
2024-03-01T17:27:04+00:00

As I type an email on my desktop, my Outlook app closes the email and moves it to my Drafts folder. I then have to open up my Drafts folder, open the email, and continue typing. This happens when I've had an email open for 30 seconds or many minutes (e.g., it's not like I've been drafting an email for 30 minutes and have stepped away and Outlook moves it to drafts). I'm often in the middle of typing a sentence and the email disappears and it's gone to Drafts. I then have to go do Drafts and manually reopen the email I was literally just typing. Sometimes it opens immediately, other times it opens and says the email is being edited in another window (which, why???).

It doesn't happen with every email but happens many times per week. A cursory review seems like many people in different environments are having the same issue. I've restarted my computer, all apps are fully updated.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T23:41:20+00:00

    i can't find the file tab.

    • Select click file tab >  options > mail tab > save messages section.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T16:56:55+00:00

    MICROSOFT - WHY DON'T YOU HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THIS? THIS EFFECTS THE EFFECIENCY OF MY JOB.

    ALSO, IF IT DOESN'T SEND THE EMAIL INTO DRAFT...I ENTER THE RECIPIENT, THE SUBJECT, CLICK DOWN INTO THE BODY OF THE TEXT AND IT AUTOMATICALLY ARCHIVES A DIFFERENT EMAIL.

    I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HAD TO LOOK THROUGH THE ARCHIVED EMAILS JUST TO FIND ONE I GOT 5 MINS AGO.

    FIX YOUR ****!!!!!!!

    WE'RE FORCED TO ONLY USE THE WEB BASED APPLICATIONS AND I CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE MAIL SETTINGS THAT YOUR ONE FIX IS REFERING TO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T15:39:41+00:00

    Hi, please can you respond to this query ...

    Thanks

    Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T16:55:55+00:00

    Hi,

    This issue is still happening to me via Outlook online. It seems it is still happening to people on the Desktop App too.

    Can you please provide a response.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T16:52:21+00:00

    Hi Eben Ezer, I have the same issue as Sandy and it still persists when I use a new Profile.

    Jeremy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments