New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T20:00:20+00:00

    I have the same issue all of a sudden. It’s nearly making the app unusable for me. So frustrating - can we get an update on how to fix this??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T18:07:23+00:00

    Hello,I've noticed that the Outlook app on iPhone no longer automatically capitalizes the first letter of sentences or proper nouns like names when composing emails. This feature is essential for maintaining proper grammar and writing flow, and it used to work reliably in previous versions.Please consider restoring auto-capitalization support in the iOS version of Outlook. It’s a small but important feature that greatly improves the user experience.Thank you for your attention and continued improvements to the app!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T18:35:52+00:00

    Amen Scott!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T09:34:18+00:00

    It is frustrating AND sad that basic features are not working in the new client

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T02:11:22+00:00

    This still does not work. Can we get an update on fixing this clearly broken functionality? it's little things like this that users find incredibly irritating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments