New Outlook - Auto Capitalization

Anonymous
2023-09-25T15:26:37+00:00

I have switched over to the "New Outlook" and some functions did not switch over also. How do I turn on the auto capitalization of the 1st word of a sentence? How do I turn back on auto capitalizing the letter i? Thank you for any help!!!!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T15:28:06+00:00

    This works.

    Now how about an option to auto-capitalize names, places and change lowercase "i" to capital "I" when it is alone? I see they are underlined so the grammatical error is being detected.

    Do this and we will finally have the same functionality back that old Outlook has had for many many years (when it comes to auto-capitalization at least).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T15:14:47+00:00

    Thank you Akfash, this solution works perfectly!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-16T14:58:44+00:00

    My editor tab is not "activated" when I am drafting a new email. It is dark. I tried to find a way to activate it but have not. Any suggestions? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T05:44:10+00:00

    Kerry,

    those options do not work.

    I agree with all the comments below.

    the new outlook is appalling and is as bad as if not worse that gmail.

    I was forced to move to the new outlook because i subscribed to Co-pilot and it is doubling the time I spend sending emails.

    you need to do something to fix this asap.

    as well as the multitude of other issues as well as this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-20T07:21:59+00:00

    It does not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments