Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T17:44:05+00:00

    Unfortunately, I was not given a choice to retain the Classic Outlook. The New Outlook was foisted on me, and I cannot switch back. Everything I tried was ineffective to switch back to Classic.

    I hate Microsoft, but since they have a monopoly, all we can do is wait for retirement when we no longer have to do business impeded and abused by Microsoft whims.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:59:50+00:00

    Thanks P. Goddard for forwarding Neils reply, yes when the screeensize allows the ribbon to be displayed this is a workaround ..., until its fixed by MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2025-03-08T17:49:12+00:00

    You should be able to download and install classic Outlook. See Download classic Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:22:12+00:00

    Since this mishappen is knows since more than a year it is evident that in a next Office update this is corrected or ?
    Lets hope for the best

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more