How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T03:36:25+00:00

    Yeah this is a major downside to the New Outlook. It is unbelievable that such a simple feature would be lost from the original Outlook. And seeing these comments from 5-6 months ago with the problem still in place is very disappointing. No wonder I held off for as long as I could on moving to the New Outlook. Definitely going back or finding another solution because this is unworkable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T18:37:23+00:00

    This is an absolute JOKE Microsoft. As an MCSE since NT 4.0 in 1999 I can say this is one if not the the worse Office "upgrades" you have ever done. How is this OK? Who is running the show over there now? This is making me look at different Office software for every one of my clients. Office has turned into an inefficient business application. It is more suited towards home users and it is obvious Microsoft has stopped proper support for business users. This "new email" feature when changing your from address makes absolutely no sense. A lot of receptionists can't do their job at all with Outlook. Of course there is still no signs of Microsoft caring whatsoever. This "New Outlook" needs to go the way of the Dodo and Windows ME! Anyone still working at Microsoft that remembers that bundle of joy?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T06:37:42+00:00

    The email I used it for was sent to a gmail address and I was trying and able to reply from the same gmail address

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T18:11:03+00:00

    Arrrgghhhh!!!! Right you are, Brandon. I was so ready to believe. Still need this fixed, MS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T15:53:29+00:00

    Hello Todd B B,

    Have a nice day and thank you for your reply.

    We do understand your concerns here, but since it's related to the New Outlook for Windows product design, and the product team is still working on a number of features, and also based on customer requests, more features will be added.

    Therefore, Microsoft recommend submitting feedback by going to Help > in the new Outlook for Windows app or in the Ideas Community (microsoft.com).

    This community team and the Microsoft product development team are separate. Therefore, for feature suggestions or design queries, users need to submit feedback to the Microsoft product team from their side. Once a user sends feedback through the above means, it is sent directly to Microsoft and routed to the relevant product team that can review it.

    To see more details on how to submit feedback, see this article Learn how to provide feedback to Microsoft - Microsoft 365 admins Microsoft Learning.

    Also, for the new Outlook for Windows, new features will be updated on this blog New Outlook for Windows - What to Expect in the Microsoft Community Center so you can observe the new updates. You can also observe the Microsoft 365 Roadmap, a place that updates all the upcoming Microsoft 365 features and details about when it will be released.

    Since this is by design, I hope I have provided you with all the information you need about your requirements. If you need any further information from our side, please feel free to ask. We will be happy to assist.

    Thank you and have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments