Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook on the web for business
I have the same issue! What is the permanent fix????
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Can not preview or download attachments in outlook. I have to restart the computer to be able to and then it will stop and I will have to restart again. Preview stays blank and when you try to download the attachment it says "Error" Error downloading content. It is happening on multiple computers.
Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook on the web for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue! What is the permanent fix????
This is the reply I received.
At present I'm able to preview and download attachments again.
This issue was posted to Service Health starting Friday, March 29, 2024, at midnight UTC.
Incident number: EX776161
**User impact:**Users may be intermittently unable to download attachments or view embedded images in Outlook on the web and Outlook mobile apps. This issue started on Friday, March 29, 2024, at midnight UTC and is still ongoing. The root cause of the issue is a code configuration issue in a recent update intended to improve the reliability of Outlook on the web and Outlook mobile apps. The impact is intermittent and affects users attempting to download attachments and view embedded images. Users may see the error message 'Error downloading the file content.' To mitigate the issue, users are advised to sign out and then back into their Outlook accounts.
More info: The engineering team is continuing to track and deploy a fix for the code configuration issue causing the problem. Users are advised to sign out and then back into their Outlook accounts to ensure the mitigation takes effect. The deployment of the fix is ongoing, and the team is monitoring telemetry to ensure full recovery.
Current status: The engineering team is continuing to monitor the deployment of the fix and expects users to see relief as it reaches their environment. The next update is scheduled for Monday, April 15, 2024, at 11:00 PM UTC. Users are advised to log out and back into their devices for the changes to take effect.
Scope of impact: Users attempting to download attachments and view embedded images in Outlook on the web or Outlook mobile apps may be intermittently impacted.
Root Cause: The root cause of the issue is a code configuration issue in a recent update intended to improve the reliability of Outlook on the web and Outlook mobile apps. This issue is causing long-running sessions, preventing attachment downloads and embedded image viewing.
Users can view current information and updates on the Service health dashboard at the link here https://portal.office.com/servicestatus.
Sincerely,
Eleni | Microsoft Community Moderator
Same deal! For an organisation that should be reliable this is just downright disappointing!
Need this fixed!!
Can not preview or download attachments in outlook. I have to restart the computer to be able to and then it will stop and I will have to restart again. Preview stays blank and when you try to download the attachment it says "Error" Error downloading content. It is happening on multiple computers.
its still happening and exclusively on edge and the outlook app, chrome also works for about 5 docs and then it doesnt work either.
this is infuriating as im the only user affected at my office
I was affected with this issue in early April. It appears it has happening again. As of this morning I am unable to download attachments in outlook.
Is there an estimated time frame that this will be fixed?