Can not preview or download attachments in Outlook.

Anonymous
2024-04-03T20:27:37+00:00

Can not preview or download attachments in outlook. I have to restart the computer to be able to and then it will stop and I will have to restart again. Preview stays blank and when you try to download the attachment it says "Error" Error downloading content. It is happening on multiple computers.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T18:03:56+00:00

    Same issue here, it's not intermittent, it's always. I can open pdf and other attachments for the first 5-6 times after shutting down and starting back up, but then it gives me the error can't download and won't let me preview. It happens in every browser, it happens despite making sure all updates are current and cache has been cleared. I've tried multiple options and it still doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T16:16:21+00:00

    Any new updates? Or are we adding webmail to the ever expanding list of Microsoft products that "just doesn't work" anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T20:30:32+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    According to Microsoft support, they expect the issue will be resolved by the next scheduled update on Tuesday, April 9, 2024 at 5:00 AM GMT+8

    So, no choice than to wait for now.

    Regards,

    Rob

    Interesting because I just started to have this issue the afternoon of April 8, EDT. Is there a fix for the fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T20:37:23+00:00

    I am still experiencing the issue.

    The only good thing since about Thursday or Friday last week is that it takes a lot longer to start happening and so I don't have to close the browser and open it again as often.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T20:41:32+00:00

    Now they're saying Thursday at 5:00 PM EST (end of day). It was the 8th, then 9th, now 11th

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments