Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
your answer is sincerely LAME
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I type an e-mail address to someone, Outlook changes it to the name in my contacts instead of leaving it alone as the actual e-mail address.
For example, I received an email from an unknown contact (a scammer) whose email address is **removed for privacy reasons**@gmail.com and outlook displays my CEO's name instead of the scammer's email address. How and why is my CEO's name displayed from an email address that has random letters??
The way Outlook is currently displaying names instead of email addresses makes people extremely vulnerable to scams, phishing, malware, and other cybersecurity threats.
Furthermore, I am not the first person to raise this issue. Please see this same issue raised at this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/show-the-actual-e-mail-address-instead-of-the-name/09baa36a-b494-456c-901f-475032c72b8d?page=1 Microsoft needs to address this issue and stop giving responses on forums that are unrelated to issue at hand. Instead please ESCALATE this issue to appropriate party responsible for making decisions and TAKE ACTION immediately.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
your answer is sincerely LAME
This addin is very helpful for outlook, wish it could auto display in the viewing pane, search for it in the addins, install it, and pin it to your toolbar:
Message Header Analyzer
Version 4.0
Or link here:https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/wa104005406?tab=overview
Security concerned folks visit the source code here and read the note on permissions: https://github.com/microsoft/MHA
Thank you @Stephen Griffin
Thank you, Stephen. I'm sure this ADD ON is helpful, but it is still an Add-on. One which I cannot use on corporate equipment. It is too bad that Add-ons must be used to just get basic functions on applications these days.
The original link stopped working. I'd hate to imagine why Microsoft would cause a feedback link to stop working but I think I found the related feedback link anew:
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/11d4f30f-eec4-ee11-92bd-6045bd7b0481
Major security risk. Microsoft is really helping criminals break into computer systems and steal millions of dollars from innocent victims. FIX IT, Microsoft!