Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Thanks for your help. I’ll try that and confirm if it works.
With regard to the 2nd paragraph in your response, the email address the scammer used (which I provided in my original post) was a set of random letters. Furthermore, the email address was not saved in my contacts. With that said, could
you please adjust your response and address why was it displaying a name? I think this question has been raised multiple times with Microsoft and no one has yet got a straight answer.
Yes, I agree it is important to verify the senders email address before responding to any emails … it would be easier to do that if Microsoft displayed email addresses instead of names, or at least created an advanced option to do so for users.
It’s 2023; there’s no reason your response to this should be “currently we don’t have that as a feature or option” or “if the person is in your contacts” excuse. In this cybersecurity landscape, if users NEED email addresses displayed regardless of who’s on their contact list, that should be presented as an option by Microsoft.
Thanks for escalating this issue. This issue is important and has been raised multiple times. It would be nice for this to finally be addressed in a real way.