what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T09:28:01+00:00

    This is the single thing that has helped me! I was frustrated why I was unable to toggle like you and then realized what needs to happen first is to go to Windows general settings (not outlook), Text size and move to 100% or 125% from the recommended and default 150% which does not allow this. Hope this helps someone else and saves time!

    PS.: the only thing that now annoys me incredibly, is the 2 cm worth of empty space as a "no column column" next to the Receive date!

    ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T13:59:41+00:00

    It is now 2025, there is a new version, this no longer works and I've lost my single line view option because...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-02T16:09:37+00:00

    I've stumbled on something while trying to fix another annoyance (no luck on that yet).

    I have three email accounts: Hotmail, Gmail and Comcast.

    Open Settings / Accounts and I see the Manage button next to each. Click on each and notice that two say "Set as primary account", because the other will be the primary. See what happens when switching whichever account to be the primary. Each one creates a DIFFERENT layout when working in Outlook. I found that gmail as primary gives me single line view with preview. Hotmail gives single line view without preview. Comcast gives multi-line view. Maybe something connected with my personal settings somewhere else? Not sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T13:12:21+00:00

    Hi,

    In New Outlook, set "Switch between one and multiple rows based on screen size" in section Message height in View -> View settings -> Email -> Layout.

    After that move slider between Message list panel and Reading panel to the right until Message list panel switch to single line.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T13:37:21+00:00

    Hi,

    This slider is not showing on my settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments