what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T17:11:33+00:00

    I had single line in NEW Outlook and then I didn't, and got frustrated for a while and found this discussion. Unexpectedly after trying so many things and breaking for a day, I discovered something that fixed it.

    If the reading pane is hidden (view>layout>reading pane), the mail shows in single line for me.

    If the reading pane is visible on right, in windows the width of the middle column can be grabbed and stretched right a bit, enough to change the layout from multi-line to single line layout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T14:38:41+00:00

    Hi all,

    I was having this issue and tried each thing in this post with varying success. I am using New Outlook for Desktop in Windows 10. My desired settings are large text (Roomy), with single-line messages in inbox, and I do not like the preview pane. I want the single-line messages to remain that way regardless of the window size.

    I was able to achieve this with the following settings:

    > Gear Icon in top right corner of Outlook

    > Settings > Mail > Layout

    Focused Inbox: Don't Sort Messages

    Text Size and Spacing: Large

    Message height: greyed out, cannot select options.

    Reading Pane: Hide reading pane

    Message Preview text: Hide preview text

    Inline attachment previews: Don't show attachments in message list

    I believe the inline attachment previews has the greatest affect on single vs. multiple rows. This seems to be working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-13T00:58:39+00:00

    classic indented view in conversation mode is still not working in new outlook.

    I am switching back to old outlook. New outlook doesn't have it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments