what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T00:23:58+00:00

    but how in the heck do you get rid of this stuff in any of the current outlook (circled in red). I'm currently running older outlook  Version 1.2024.925.200 (Production). (like the one in your picture) I moved from a windows 7 machine using windows live mail and it was perfect,, just didn't support newer protocols so it was aged out. I came to this thread trying to fix the single line problem. I could easily look and mass delete with ease on WLM. This "upgrade" just FAILS Please HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T08:35:03+00:00

    Unfortunately, even with compact settings and small fonts, you still get 2 lines in New Outlook. There is no way to do 1 line like the Classic Outlook, unless someone knows a registry hack to help us out!

    image uploads are broken in the forum, so you can see a screenshot here: https://ibb.co/8zS5TbP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T08:42:45+00:00

    It is hghly likely that I missed the Microsoft Engagement survey where they clearly asked who cared about getting rid of the 1 line compact view. Along with half a billion other Microsoft products consumers....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T17:29:29+00:00

    I have the opposite issue. Somehow after searching I accidentally switched on the Single line layout, and I have no idea how to switch back to whatever is not the single line layout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T22:37:50+00:00

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments