what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T21:35:45+00:00

    Thank you, Graham. Apologies for not responding sooner but away with no internet! I did that and no change. I still get a line with the sender and the subject. And under that is the first line of the email. It may also be a link for an attachment. I'm bummed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T21:40:30+00:00

    You cannot turn message preview off. It just shows what the font and text size should be. Unless you know where that is hidden??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T21:41:30+00:00

    Nope. That's how it's set. But thanks for trying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:57:20+00:00

    For new outlook:

    1. View -> view settings -> text size and spacing -> select 'small'
    2. View -> density -> select 'compact'

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T11:42:13+00:00

    This option does not exist in the new outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments