what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T01:50:15+00:00

    Hi EvoWing,

    Thanks for contacting us,

    Select View > View Settings.

    Select Other Settings in the Advanced View Settings box

    Navigate to Other Options and select Always use single-line layout.

    Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

    Regards, Sola

    “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “

    Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T02:35:40+00:00

    What about New Outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T19:44:46+00:00

    I am also looking for the option to view my list of messages with the Single Line layout in New Outlook. I do not see the option in View>View Settings. I do see a setting called "Message Height", with two options - "Always use Multiple Rows", and "Switch between one and multiple rows based on screen size", but nothing for "Always use Single Line Layout"

    I am going back to Old Outlook because i miss how many messages I could scan at a glance with the Single Line layout

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T15:54:15+00:00

    Don't see this in the new Outlook - there is no way to say Always use single-line layout. That sucks. I have to go back to the old outlook until this is fixed (hopefully soon)

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T05:04:49+00:00

    Microsoft needs to learn "if it's not broken don't fix it", I have the same problem but no where does it tell you online how to remedy the situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments