what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T22:35:43+00:00

    View tab > Message Preview icon > "Off"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T22:34:49+00:00

    Hi Andrew

    View tab > Message Preview icon > "Off"

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T22:34:17+00:00

    Hi @Irene Dee -

    View tab > Message Preview icon > "Off"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T21:32:36+00:00

    While I agree this makes sense, this cannot possibly be the correct solution. I cannot turn off the Message Preview. I don't have that option anywhere. It just gives me font selections shown below: Maybe I just don't know where to find it??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T17:00:25+00:00

    Thanks KML, that helped a bit.

    I have got back to having a single line by making the reading pane narrower.

    But it also used to be possible to choose which fields to display (eg name, subject, date) and specify the size of the fields and their order. I can't work out how to do this anymore other than a bit of dragging of a vertical divider in the top row.

    Does anyone know how to control the fields, now that Microsoft has jiggered it in their supposedly improved Outlook??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments