Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Nope. That's how it's set. But thanks for trying.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"
I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.
Can anyone tell me where to find it please?
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nope. That's how it's set. But thanks for trying.
Thank you, Graham. Apologies for not responding sooner but away with no internet! I did that and no change. I still get a line with the sender and the subject. And under that is the first line of the email. It may also be a link for an attachment. I'm bummed!
Yes, I thought that Microsoft had removed this functionality, as there is no longer a setting for it.. however, if you simply expand the width of the inbox list pane, it automatically changes to column view (like old outlook) and single line view is available.
Third time's the charm, right? But not in this case. I have searched everywhere. The only place for Message Preview is in Other Settings and then it cannot be turned off; it only asks about font.
Are you saying Messages but meaning Reading?? The Reading Pane is off. That is not a Message Preview. The Message Preview shows the first couple of lines of the email. Like this. Except there's nowhere that I've seen to change it. What am I missing???
Perhaps if you can show me what you are seeing with a screen shot, it might help. I have Windows 11 and Outlook 365. Do you have the same?