what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-02T16:09:37+00:00

    I've stumbled on something while trying to fix another annoyance (no luck on that yet).

    I have three email accounts: Hotmail, Gmail and Comcast.

    Open Settings / Accounts and I see the Manage button next to each. Click on each and notice that two say "Set as primary account", because the other will be the primary. See what happens when switching whichever account to be the primary. Each one creates a DIFFERENT layout when working in Outlook. I found that gmail as primary gives me single line view with preview. Hotmail gives single line view without preview. Comcast gives multi-line view. Maybe something connected with my personal settings somewhere else? Not sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T13:59:41+00:00

    It is now 2025, there is a new version, this no longer works and I've lost my single line view option because...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T09:28:01+00:00

    This is the single thing that has helped me! I was frustrated why I was unable to toggle like you and then realized what needs to happen first is to go to Windows general settings (not outlook), Text size and move to 100% or 125% from the recommended and default 150% which does not allow this. Hope this helps someone else and saves time!

    PS.: the only thing that now annoys me incredibly, is the 2 cm worth of empty space as a "no column column" next to the Receive date!

    ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-13T00:58:39+00:00

    classic indented view in conversation mode is still not working in new outlook.

    I am switching back to old outlook. New outlook doesn't have it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T14:38:41+00:00

    Hi all,

    I was having this issue and tried each thing in this post with varying success. I am using New Outlook for Desktop in Windows 10. My desired settings are large text (Roomy), with single-line messages in inbox, and I do not like the preview pane. I want the single-line messages to remain that way regardless of the window size.

    I was able to achieve this with the following settings:

    > Gear Icon in top right corner of Outlook

    > Settings > Mail > Layout

    Focused Inbox: Don't Sort Messages

    Text Size and Spacing: Large

    Message height: greyed out, cannot select options.

    Reading Pane: Hide reading pane

    Message Preview text: Hide preview text

    Inline attachment previews: Don't show attachments in message list

    I believe the inline attachment previews has the greatest affect on single vs. multiple rows. This seems to be working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments