what has happened to View Single line layout?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T22:28:35+00:00

In Classic Outlook on Windows 10 I had the option for "Always use single line layout"

I cannot find that option any where on Outlook under Windows 11 (classic or new outlook.

Can anyone tell me where to find it please?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T17:11:33+00:00

    I had single line in NEW Outlook and then I didn't, and got frustrated for a while and found this discussion. Unexpectedly after trying so many things and breaking for a day, I discovered something that fixed it.

    If the reading pane is hidden (view>layout>reading pane), the mail shows in single line for me.

    If the reading pane is visible on right, in windows the width of the middle column can be grabbed and stretched right a bit, enough to change the layout from multi-line to single line layout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T02:05:47+00:00

    I switched back to Classic too. My second attempt at New Outlook lasted less than a week. I wish switching back to Windows 10 was that easy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T22:35:43+00:00

    View tab > Message Preview icon > "Off"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-30T18:34:42+00:00

    Current View > Message Preview > Off

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T12:05:06+00:00

    This worked for me:

    On the Menu Choose View > View Settings

    Uncheck Show messages from all folders in expanded conversation groups and

    Show conversation groups using Classic indented view

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments