Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T08:12:36+00:00

    Fabulous !! this resolved my issue. Reinstalled office and new teams multiple times but same trouble. But getting message to update to new team or it will be updated automatically and I can't stop it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T15:36:35+00:00

    Had anyone else implemented the below in order to stop Outlook from inserting Teams meeting links into every calendar event? Probably unrelated but grasping at straws.

    Set-OrganizationConfig -OnlineMeetingsByDefaultEnabled $False

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T16:40:19+00:00

    We've been working with Microsoft support on this issue for about 2 weeks now. They've reviewed event logs, Outlook logs, and Teams logs and so far, they have found nothing helpful. This issue doesn't seem to be impacting all Microsoft customers but there are certainly a lot of us. What do we have in common? We are using Office 2019. We have Outlook add-ins for iManage and Litera. I've reviewed event logs of some users who recently reported the issue and found that, with 3 out of the 3 that I checked, they had just restarted their computer shortly before the issue was noticed. The logs also appeared to indicate that updates were installed during that restart and there were logs indicating a reconfiguration of Office (uninstall/install) had occurred.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T15:14:52+00:00

    It seems that going back to Teams Classic is the only way to restore the Teams for Outlook addin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T14:58:41+00:00

    We've tried everything to no avail. Some users just randomly regain access. Others don't have it no matter what we do.

    Microsoft, please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments