Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T22:04:57+00:00

    I tried it - It doesn't work for me :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T16:21:15+00:00

    There is no "drafts file" like on previous iterations of Outlook. I've looked everywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-15T18:55:29+00:00

    Same problem here. It seems to happen with large messages. Today I sent a message with several pictures inserted in it. It sat in both "SENT" and "DRAFTS" for half a day, then I opened the draft and clicked on "SEND" and it went through at that point. I've seen this before. I'm running the New Outlook in Windows 10 Home.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T23:26:12+00:00

    Well I certainly havent had any fixes or resolutions. Extremely frustrating having to switch between my main email account and another (non microsoft) I set up, just so I can send or reply to a message!!

    Come on Microsoft! Do better!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T22:29:28+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem for the last month or so. Cannot figure out what to do. Did you get a resolution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments