Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T18:09:35+00:00

    What I first noticed is that this doesn't happen at all if I simply wait for the email to show up in the sent folder before closing out the email. But alas, I still forget sometimes and see an email or two stuck in drafts.

    SO - what I found helped was to change the 'un-send email' setting from 10 seconds to zero seconds. So far so good!

       Click the following:
    
    1. View tab
    2. View Settings (with the little blue gear icon next to it)
    3. Mail
    4. Compose & reply
    5. Scroll down to "Undo Send" where you can slide the bar down to zero.

    I hope this helps someone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T16:09:20+00:00

    No, there's been nothing but crickets from MicroSoft. I guess its solution is just to ignore it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T05:11:07+00:00

    Just discovered the same thing happening with my outlook. There are emails sitting in draft that wont send, no matter how many times I try to resend as another email.

    Think I'm going to find a new email host, this is unacceptable, especially if i't not being fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T18:04:25+00:00

    Yeah, this is what I'm experiencing as well.

    It sends the email fine, but I'm still left with a draft, usually blank.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T15:59:18+00:00

    Since my original email is out of my mail, i try to sent the draft back to my email account . I a message that my inbox is full which isn't true, this has happen to me several times. It seems to create a draft when i send the original email to someone else, I have lost many important emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments