Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T13:23:42+00:00

    I was informed by a high level Microsoft employee last week that this is not a bug, but done by design. They didn't get into it any further from there other than to say that the messages will send after a period of time, but it's not instantaneous anymore. This only affects the "New Outlook" desktop client and the web version. The regular client32 version is still unaffected by this change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T22:53:34+00:00

    Bryan,

    I did remove and reinstall but it didn’t make a difference.

    I’ve been struggling with this for months.

    Seems to be an Outlook 2024 issue. Everything works fine with the Windows 11 mail client.

    Thanks,

    CC

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T12:49:24+00:00

    I've had this problem since February - I'll compose and send a message, only to realise hours later that it never sent and was sitting in my 'drafts' folder. If I try to send it again from there it never goes, I generally have to copy the text, paste it into a new email and send that. Some days it hardly happens, today it took me four tries to send a four-word email. Incredibly frustrating. I'm in the habit of checking the drafts folder several times a day to make sure there aren't emails sitting in there that I thought I'd send. Would appreciate some response from microsoft on this, even if it's just to confirm it's a known issue and is being worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T04:34:03+00:00

    Same problem. Random new messages and replies get stuck in drafts. Error message, saying in cannot send.

    Very annoying and dangerous if you don't check. To solve this problem I copy whole email content of the message and paste into a new message.

    It seems to be a known problem and should be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T21:30:17+00:00

    I did reinstall the previous version of Outlook and it works fine so maybe try that. My issue was the same for my IP email address as well as my Outlook email address.

    Thanks for replying and the confirming information that is is an Outlook 2024 issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments