Why is Outlook on my Mac suddenly crashing consistently?

Anonymous
2024-03-19T22:22:31+00:00

I have been trying to open Outlook on my MacBook Pro all day, and it has consistently crashed. I was just using Outlook last night and had not made any changes to apps or settings since trying to open Outlook this morning. MacBook is running Sonoma 14.3.1. Never any issues until now. Consistent error messages....even after uninstalling and re-installing...per Microsoft support which was not very helpful.

Below is the most recent message I received (minus hundreds of lines due to character limits).

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:

Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGTRAP)

ExceptionEnumString: 50331648

Exception Code: 0x00000001 (0x0000000000000000)

Date/Time: 2024-03-19 22:11:55 +0000

Application Name: Microsoft Outlook

Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Outlook

Application Signature: OPIM

Application Bitness: x64

Application Version: 16.83.1.24031813

Crashed Module Name: merp

Crashed Module Version: 16.83.24031813

Crashed Module Offset: 0x000000000000559c

Blame Module Name: Microsoft Outlook

Blame Module Version: 16.83.24031813

UnsymbolicatedChecksum: DCA9BCB06082872F879C6092737B3813

Blame Module Offset: 0x0000000000034334

StackHash: 3334bf3e6cfb5dc_50331648_main_phx_arm

Application LCID: 1033

Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

Build Type: Release

Crashed thread Stack Pointer: 0x_000000016afdd9d0

Crashed thread: 0

uncaught ObjC exception, reason: The window has been marked as needing another Update Constraints in Window pass, but it has already had more Update Constraints in Window passes than there are views in the window.

<OLToolbarValidatingWindow: 0x12505d640> 0x282 (642) {{0, 89}, {1696, 990}} en

OS Information

Operating System: Mac OS X 14.3.1 (Build 23D60)

CPU: ARM64e, Logical CPU Count: 12

Physical Memory: 16384 MB

Device_model: Mac14,10

Screen: 1728.000000 x 1117.000000, bitsPerPixel = 24, frame = 0.000000, 0.000000, 1728.000000, 1117.000000

CrashedApp_Virtual_Memory_Size_MB: 406330.625000

CrashedApp_Resident_Memory_Size_MB: 456.703125

CrashedApp_Memory_Footprint_MB: 158.661926

ErrorReportingDeviceUUID: 483A116B-B39F-5CBD-82C1-D981E3B9C0DA

ErrorReportingUUID: 44C40BF0-BDD8-402C-A229-42DB172A9594

ULS UUID: EA80B636-3297-4FFC-A9B9-B49947795BF0

CrashedLogSessionId: EA80B636-3297-4FFC-A9B9-B49947795BF0

TimeFromLaunch: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 5 seconds

CrashedSessionDuration: 5

Total errors on this client: 210

Microsoft Application Information:

SHSuffixKey_1: _arm

AudienceChannel: CC

Audience: Production

SHSuffixKey_0: _phx

PreviewEnabled: true

AudienceGroup: Production

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T12:56:09+00:00

    Sorry Josh... Wrote that from the phone and didn't realised.

    @Casey Bonacci

    At the moment my Outlook (Version 16.85.1 (24051916)) works on all devices (all with macOS 14.5).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T00:20:10+00:00

    Is this still happening to people? I've only just experienced this problem this morning. Only seems to be when I need to reply to an email. Trying a few different suggestions listed in this thread but nothing seems to be working?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T16:15:16+00:00

    Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just reporting that updating Outlook solved the problem for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T16:07:06+00:00

    Hey Josh! It's starting to get embarrassing!

    I have to tell all my macOS customers that they don't close or restart their Outlook!?! One customer already moved back to the native Mail client from macOS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T14:08:31+00:00

    Tech support just sent me this:

    "We have identified this as a BUG and this is resolved after installing the latest update. Please install the latest update for Outlook in https://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/C1297A47-86C4-4C1F-97FA-950631F94777/MacAutoupdate/Microsoft_Outlook_16.84.24041420_Updater.pkg and check if that helps."

    I've completed the install and new Outlook seems to be working again.

    Hope this helps!

    The update fixed the issue for me. After the update, I can run Outlook with my Notifications turned on in my System Settings without crashing Outlook. (Note: It took a few days to get to the update because the corporation I work for uses Microsoft's Company Portal, so there was a bit of a lag between the update rolling out and then showing up in the Company Portal.) All is good now on both MacBook Pros that had this crashing issue.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments