Why is the “Play My Emails” feature being removed from Outlook for iPhone in June 2024?

Anonymous
2024-05-24T21:26:31+00:00

Why is the Play My Emails Feature in the Outlook email app for iPhone being retired in June 2024?

I use this application on my phone for work on a daily basis. We’re often on the go without access to a computer with windows 11 installed.

Is there a plan to replace/upgrade this feature in the app?

The first time I heard about this was on 5/24/23, less than a week before the feature is going to be removed. No other information was provided via the message in the app.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T17:57:09+00:00

    I am still heartbroken about this. I have tried the voice assist on the laptop and alternative apps, but nothing has compared.

    Has anyone had any luck with alternatives?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T20:26:20+00:00

    I have not found anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T20:53:48+00:00

    The best alternative I have found is to use the Edge browser app on my iPhone as it has great read aloud page features...

    1. I go to Outlook.com in the Edge app
    2. Select an email and at the bottom right 3 lines I select 'Read Aloud'
    3. My preferred voice is "Christopher (Natural)". You can select your preferred voice of course and there is a long list to choose from. You can get to voices once it is reading, just click on the voice options icon (upper right).

    It can be glitchy at times; either Edge not loading Outlook or it just not read aloud at all, but reloading the page or killing the app helps.

    Also - it reads URLs! which I hate (Cortana always pleasantly said "Theres' a link here".

    I hope this helps and hopefully MS will restore Play My Emails with Cortana!!

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T17:15:40+00:00

    Why being surprised? Apparently the new strategy of Microsoft is to develop very useful tool, get the user used to them, and then remove them without notice.

    I changed job in May2024, when i started my new job in july2024 i just thought it was a safety feature of my new company…. I am soo sad it was very useful when driving!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T17:38:33+00:00

    Microsoft riporta indietro play my email Outlook mobile a me serviva per gestire meglio le email!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments