Why is the “Play My Emails” feature being removed from Outlook for iPhone in June 2024?

Anonymous
2024-05-24T21:26:31+00:00

Why is the Play My Emails Feature in the Outlook email app for iPhone being retired in June 2024?

I use this application on my phone for work on a daily basis. We’re often on the go without access to a computer with windows 11 installed.

Is there a plan to replace/upgrade this feature in the app?

The first time I heard about this was on 5/24/23, less than a week before the feature is going to be removed. No other information was provided via the message in the app.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T14:13:31+00:00

    Hello. I use the "play my emails" feature in Outlook Mobile on a daily basis to listen to my emails during my commute. It saves me 1-2 hours per day and helps me keep up on my email. It is a very useful feature and I am disappointed to hear that it will be discontinued. What plans does Microsoft have to replace this feature in Outlook Mobile? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T20:02:46+00:00

    I was really disappointed to discover the Play my emails feature had been discontinued. Like many others, i use this daily on my commute to keep on top of my emails. This saves me a couple hours a day! For me this is a major backward step. MS, please provide a replacement soon! Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T04:06:19+00:00

    This is a terrible decision by Microsoft. I used this feature twice a day while driving. Best way for me to keep up on all my emails. Please bring back this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T20:52:16+00:00

    I am absolutely shocked that play my emails has been removed.

    So incredibly disappointing as I used this feature DAILY!!!

    PLEASE bring it back!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more