Why is the “Play My Emails” feature being removed from Outlook for iPhone in June 2024?

Anonymous
2024-05-24T21:26:31+00:00

Why is the Play My Emails Feature in the Outlook email app for iPhone being retired in June 2024?

I use this application on my phone for work on a daily basis. We’re often on the go without access to a computer with windows 11 installed.

Is there a plan to replace/upgrade this feature in the app?

The first time I heard about this was on 5/24/23, less than a week before the feature is going to be removed. No other information was provided via the message in the app.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T20:53:48+00:00

    The best alternative I have found is to use the Edge browser app on my iPhone as it has great read aloud page features...

    1. I go to Outlook.com in the Edge app
    2. Select an email and at the bottom right 3 lines I select 'Read Aloud'
    3. My preferred voice is "Christopher (Natural)". You can select your preferred voice of course and there is a long list to choose from. You can get to voices once it is reading, just click on the voice options icon (upper right).

    It can be glitchy at times; either Edge not loading Outlook or it just not read aloud at all, but reloading the page or killing the app helps.

    Also - it reads URLs! which I hate (Cortana always pleasantly said "Theres' a link here".

    I hope this helps and hopefully MS will restore Play My Emails with Cortana!!

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T20:26:20+00:00

    I have not found anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T17:57:09+00:00

    I am still heartbroken about this. I have tried the voice assist on the laptop and alternative apps, but nothing has compared.

    Has anyone had any luck with alternatives?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T14:48:36+00:00

    I have submitted a concern/complaint before and just wondering if anyone from Microsoft is addressing this issue that many others have as well. "Play My Emails" was a very valuable function that many leaders such as myself depended on in order maximize productivity and to keep up with increasing workload.

    Please advise on the solution that Microsoft has or intends to release to address this void with its customers/users.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T12:29:38+00:00

    Please bring it back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments