Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Have you gotten any help with this? I am having same issues.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have my email client set up to access my hotmail account via IMAP, using the server name "imap-mail.outlook.com" and the smtp server name "smpt.office365.com". It worked without problems until today but today when I suddenly started getting the error message: "login to server imap-mail.outlook.com with username [my email address] has failed." - with the buttons: "Retry/Enter New Password/Cancel".
I can log in to my hotmail account via my browser using the same password that is being rejected when my email client tries to log in via IMAP.
What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
Dave
NB - I don't use outlook but I couldn't find a usegroup for Hotmail so I'm posting herer.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Have you gotten any help with this? I am having same issues.
I am having the same issue on Apple with Hotmail.
I cannot access any of my accounts, after numerous attempts with the correct passwords on the Mail app.
I cannot get anyone to help with this, I have gone in and looked at the IMAP and changed the settings. No help.
I can easily login online and through my phone, but my MAC will not take accounts online - IMAP server issue.
Can anyone assist?
I've now got to the point where I can't even download my messages in WLM.
I don't like Outlook and I don't want to use it. I there any way that I can complain directly to Microsoft about this heavy-handed behaviour?
Is there any other mail client that offers the same functionality as WLM?
Microsoft is forcing everyone to use outlook. My outlook on my mobile is fine yet Mozilla will not work. Answers the question.
For Thunderbird the solution is:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/microsoft-oauth-authentication-and-thunderbird-202
In fact in two days, 16/11/2024, we would no longer be able to login if not done the above.