Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I have just renewed 365 & updated outlook, and now my @virginmedia.com will not show the sent emails, and my Gmail will not connect despite checking all the settings?!!?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have my email client set up to access my hotmail account via IMAP, using the server name "imap-mail.outlook.com" and the smtp server name "smpt.office365.com". It worked without problems until today but today when I suddenly started getting the error message: "login to server imap-mail.outlook.com with username [my email address] has failed." - with the buttons: "Retry/Enter New Password/Cancel".
I can log in to my hotmail account via my browser using the same password that is being rejected when my email client tries to log in via IMAP.
What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
Dave
NB - I don't use outlook but I couldn't find a usegroup for Hotmail so I'm posting herer.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have just renewed 365 & updated outlook, and now my @virginmedia.com will not show the sent emails, and my Gmail will not connect despite checking all the settings?!!?
You're a sophisticated user with specialised requirements, I'm just a simple soul who wants to see my messages in WLM. How difficult to fix can that be?
I experience similar results as all the participants here:
WIN 11 with Outlook 2019
I have 2 HOTMAIL accounts with similas recurring password prompts (late January 2024) in an endless loop as IMAP.
Creating an EXCHANGE e-mail account works flaulessly as EXCHANGE. HOWEVER: that is not suitable as I have a OUTLOOK.PST file which contains "off-line" data (contacts & calendar) that I synchronize with an ANDROID device (CompanionLink software).
ANDROID with BlackBerryHub+
The (same) 2 HOTMAIL accounts (started in January 2024) recur endlessly with a message that the account(s) cannot be authenticated.
I have been a Microsoft "guy" since MS-DOS 1.25.
The coming of Windows was great, but where Windows and the whole PLATFORM is now: NOT GOOD!
The comments here, above, show the level of indiference/arrogance Microsoft has for its users
It is time to go away from Microsfot before it and "they" put me on a floe...
MM, PMPret, MPM, ITIL, MCP
i have similar issue.
We have devices that use POP3 and have the following configuration.
incoming: outlook.office365.com
Port: 995 , TLS
outgoing: smtp.office365.com
Port 587, STARTTLS
We are using this same configuration for a year and half now and suddenly stopped from working.
I already make sure that the POP3 services is enabled and also I can login to Outlook Live and use it without any problem.
The error is this. "Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password".
I change 2 times the password in Admin Portal, can use the same password at outlook live. Why is this happening.
Thank you very much.
I am so frustrated. At the beginning of August 2024 my Hotmail/Outlook started playing up, with NO new emails coming through.
There was only one email which popped up in late August.
Any advice/solution