iCal will not sync with Exchange work calendar

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:25:07+00:00

Hi

All of a sudden my iCal will not sync with/ show my exchange calendar. The emails are showing up but the calendar isn’t. The iCal is where I manage all my competing priorities personal and work together. I have tried resetting my iPhone/ deleting my email account and reading it/ going from data to wifi / changing the default calendar to my exchange calendar/ updating passwords in my password settings area/ to no avail.

I have downloaded the outlook app and can see my calendar there but it is of course separate from my iCloud personal calendar and I really need to have them on the same app/ location so I don’t overbook or cross book myself.

HELP!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T19:28:37+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue as Preston. One of my MS Exchange email accounts has stopped working only on my iCal desktop Mac but still works fine on my iPhone. Both Apple devices are running the latest iOs (my iMac desktop is running Sequoia 15.1 (24B83) and iPhone 15 Pro is running iOS 18.1).

    I tried removing the account completely and even followed the Activity Monitor "exchangesyncd" force quit steps below, but now my calendar won't even load at all in iCal on my desktop. I go through the process of adding a new account and it appears to be connected fine in Internet Account settings on my Mac, but then when I open iCal it doesn't show my calendar on the left panel, even though it shows the Calendar option toggled on in my settings.

    I now also don't have access to Notes or any other items from this Exchange account on my Mac, ever since removing and re-adding it today.

    Can Microsoft support please help with this? Anyone in my same boat? Sooo frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T02:55:41+00:00

    Right after posting I found a solution that worked for me hallelujah! Hope this helps you all:

    The following fix worked for me on MacOS is Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71):

    1. Close Outlook, Mail and Calendar apps
    2. Open Activity Monitor
    3. Force quit the process called "exchangesyncd"
    4. Relaunch the Calendar app and give it a few minutes

    Yay!

    This solution does not work on Mac OS Sequoia 15.0.1...the latest MacOS.....

    Above solution did not work at all...so frustrating.....I am now on 15.1...still did not work......

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T18:53:09+00:00

    Right after posting I found a solution that worked for me hallelujah! Hope this helps you all:

    The following fix worked for me on MacOS is Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71):

    1. Close Outlook, Mail and Calendar apps
    2. Open Activity Monitor
    3. Force quit the process called "exchangesyncd"
    4. Relaunch the Calendar app and give it a few minutes

    Yay!

    This solution does not work on Mac OS Sequoia 15.0.1...the latest MacOS.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T18:48:52+00:00

    I can find and quit the process in Activity Monitor--nothing changes and the problem persists. Exchange does not sync for both universities I serve that use Microsoft Exchange...the problem is clearly a server-side, i.e., Microsoft, issue. Please get the sync problem fixed Microsoft!!!!!

    Both calendars do sync on my iPhone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T17:10:10+00:00

    This solution worked when I first tried it. The issue re-emerged and this solution does not work. In fact, I can't even find that process in the Activity Monitor. Any updates?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments